JUNIPER: ACX500 FANLESS MOBILE BACKHAUL ROUTER
Superior small-cell mobile backhaul router for indoors or outdoors
ACX500 fanless mobile backhaul routers, certified for indoor and outdoor use in utilities and railways, deliver up to 6 Gbps throughput and support an integrated, software-enabled GPS receiver. With a raft of targeted security and management capabilities, the ACX500 is ideally suited for small-cell applications.
A 1 U fanless mobile backhaul router, the ACX500 comes with integrated GPS support and delivers 6 Gbps of throughput via fixed configuration Ethernet interfaces. Three compact form factors are available to meet your specific mobile backhaul needs:
ACX500 for indoor deployment ACX500-O and ACX500-O-PoE for outdoor deployment The temperature-hardened ACX500 indoor model provides four copper 10/100/1000 Mbps ports and two fiber 1 Gbps ports, while the environmentally hardened ACX500-O and ACX500-O-PoE outdoor models provide three copper ports and three fiber ports. Both the ACX500 and the ACX500-O-PoE support Class 3 Power over Ethernet (PoE), with a power budget of 80W.
All models are fanless and support AC or DC power sources, so you can easily deploy them in Telco environments where rack space and cooling are limited. The ACX500 is fully customizable using the Junos SDK.
The ACX500 platforms scalability and reliability improves your customers overall quality of experience while lowering your costs for deploying, maintaining and updating the network infrastructure.
• Adaptive Service Architecture adds operational intelligence to help your access network grow in response to business needs.
• Flexible architecture supports Carrier Ethernet, Layer 2, Layer 3, MPLS, traffic engineering and Call Admission Control (CAC), while simplifying service provisioning and operation.
• Rapid, remote provisioning provides easy management using Junos Space Services Activation Director.
• Clocking technologies include GPS receiver, GM, BC, OC, and TC.
• Junos SDK makes it easy to customize provisioning and integration with third-party apps and tools.
• Environmental hardening in 1 U models includes passive cooling for outdoor deployment.
• RFC2544-based testing gives operators the flexibility to confirm whether a node is ready for service once configured with zero-touch deployment (ZTD).
• GPS integration enables the ACX500 to easily address use cases for LTE-Advanced and small cells.
• PoE-enabled ACX500, with a power budget of 80W, can readily power small cells or microwaves, which typically use up to 50W.
• Hierarchical quality-of-service (HQoS) support allows the ACX500 to shape traffic for each linear-configured microwave link.
• Support for IEEE 802.1ae MACsec delivers an extra layer of security by giving access solely to allowed elements.
|System Throughput||Up to 6 Gbps|
|Interface Support||ACX500: 4xGbE Copper 2xGbE Fiber, ACX500-O: 3xGbE Copper 3xGbE Fiber, ACX500-O-PoE: 3xGbE Copper 3xGbE Fiber|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||ACX500: 17.5 x 1.75 x 9.4 in (44.5 x 4.4 x 24 cm), ACX500-O: 10 x 12.3 x 4.3 in (25.4 x 31.2 x 11 cm), ACX500-O-PoE: 10 x 16 x 4.7 in (25.4 x 40.7 x 12 cm)|
|Maximum Weight||ACX500-DC: 8.6 lb (3.9 kg), ACX500-AC: 9.26 lb (4.2 kg), ACX500-O-DC: 11 lb (5 kg), ACX500-O-AC: 11.68 lb (5.3 kg), ACX500-O-POE-DC: 13.66 lb (6.2 kg), ACX500-O-POE-AC: 14.33 lb (6.5 kg)|
|Power (DC)||-48V telco nominal or
-60V telco nominal or
+24 VDC nominal
|Power (AC)||90 to 240 Volt|
|Power Draw||ACX500-DC: 65W + PoE power (80W), ACX500-AC: 65W + PoE power (80W), ACX500-O-DC: 55W, ACX500-O-AC: 55W, ACX500-O-POE-DC: 55W + PoE power (80W), ACX500-O-POE-AC: 55W + PoE power (80W)|