JUNIPER: EX2300 ETHERNET SWITCHES
Compact, high-performance access switches for micro-branch and converged network access deployments.
Economical access switches for small branch offices, retail and workgroup environments.
EX2300 and EX2300-C Ethernet Switches deliver a compact, high-density, cost-effective solution for small network environments where space and power are at a premium. Featuring a small, 1U footprint, the EX2300 and EX2300-C are ideal for access-layer deployments in micro branches, retail and workgroup environments, and converged network access in larger networks.
The EX2300 offers 24 10/100/1000BASE-T ports in a single platform, while the EX2300-C offers 12 10/100/1000BASE-T ports. Both models are available with or without IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) or 802.3at PoE+ for powering attached network devices. Optional front panel 10GbE uplink ports support connections to higher-layer devices.
Both models support Juniper’s unique Virtual Chassis technology, enabling up to four of the switches to be interconnected and managed as a single device. Both models can also act as satellite devices in a Juniper Junos Fusion Enterprise deployment, which combines large numbers of access switches into a logical management platform.
• Innovative, cost-effective switch design reduces cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
• With Virtual Chassis technology, up to four interconnected EX2300 or EX2300-C switches operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.
• When deployed as satellite devices in a Junos Fusion Enterprise environment, large numbers of EX2300 switches can be managed from a single interface.
• Based on a field-proven Juniper carrier-class architecture and the Junos OS, EX Series Switches deliver carrier-class reliability for every application.
• Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
• High 1GbE and 10GbE port densities and wire-speed performance provide flexibility in creating network topologies.
|Form Factor||Fixed platform
Virtual Chassis configuration consisting of up to four switches
Junos Fusion Enterprise Satellite device
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||EX2300:
17.4 x 1.75 x 10.2 in (44.19 x 4.45 x 25.9 cm)
1 rack unit, EX2300-C:
10.98 x 1.72 x 9.4 in (279 x 4.4 x 23.9 cm)
1 rack unit
|Backplane Speed||EX2300-C: 40 Gbps, EX2300: 80 Gbps|
|Data Rate||EX2300-C-12T/12P: 64 Gbps, EX2300-24P/24T: 128 Gbps|
|Throughput||EX2300-C-12T/12P: 47 Mpps, EX2300-24P/24T: 95 Mpps (wire speed)|
|40GBASE QSFP + Port Densities||N/A|
|100GBASE CFP Port Densities||N/A|