JUNIPER: EX8200 MODULAR SWITCH
JUNIPER: EX8200 MODULAR SWITCH
High availability EX8200 Ethernet Switch for campus core and data center environments
The EX8200 modular switches offer flexible platforms that deliver the port densities, scalability, and high availability required for today’s demanding campus core and data center environments.
High-performance, highly available EX8200 modular switches are designed for campus aggregation and core networks, as well as for data center end-of-row deployments. The EX8208, an eight-slot 14 U chassis, delivers up to 320 Gbps per slot and wire-rate forwarding of 960 million packets per second (pps). The EX8216, a 16-slot 21 U chassis, delivers 1.92 billion pps.
The same line cards work in both EX8200 models, offering a variety of 10/100/1000BASE-T, 100BASE-FX/1000BASE-X, and 10GbE interfaces. An EX8208 can support 384 GbE or 64 10GbE ports at wire speed, or 320 10GbE ports in shared bandwidth applications. An EX8216 can support twice that number.
Juniper Virtual Chassis technology enables up to four interconnected EX8200 switches to operate as a single device, using standards-based Ethernet link aggregation groups to create a network fabric for interconnecting access switches, routers, and service-layer devices in distributed campus and data center environments.
• Field-proven Juniper technology: A carrier-class architecture, coupled with the Junos OS, enables EX Series Switches to provide carrier-class reliability for every application.
• Security risk management integrates Unified Access Control to help EX Series Switches dynamically deliver network protection, guest access, and identity-based QoS.
• Wire-speed performance at high 1GbE, 10GbE and 40GbE port densities dramatically simplifies network topologies and operations.
• Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
• Innovative, cost-effective switch design enables new architectures that reduce cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
• Virtual Chassis technology allows multiple interconnected EX Series switches to operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.
|Form Factor||EX8208: Eight-slot modular chassis
EX8216: 16-slot modular chassis
Virtual Chassis configuration consisting of up to four switches
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||EX8208:
17.25 x 24.25 x 21 in (43.82 x 61.6 x 53 cm)
14 rack units
17.3 x 36.5 x 26.5 in (43.9 x 92.7 x 67.4 cm)
21 rack units
|Backplane Speed||320 Gbps (full duplex) per line card with current switch fabric
6.2 Tbps (EX8208) or 12.4 Tbps (EX8216) per chassis
|Data Rate||EX8200-48T / EX8200-48T-ES: 48 Gbps
EX8200-48F / EX8200-48F-ES: 48 Gbps
EX8200-8XS / EX8200-8XS-ES: 80 Gbps
EX8200-40XS / EX8200-40XS-ES: 80 Gbps
EX8200-48PL / EX8200-48TL: 20 Gbps
EX8200-2XS-40P / EX8200-2XS-40T: 40 Gbps
|Throughput||120 Mpps per line card (wire speed)
960 Mpps (EX8208) or 1.92 Bpps (EX8216) per system
|40GBASE QSFP + Port Densities||N/A|
|100GBASE CFP Port Densities||N/A|