JUNIPER: VSRX VIRTUAL FIREWALL
JUNIPER: VSRX VIRTUAL FIREWALL
High-performance, next-generation firewall for securing virtualized and cloud environments.
The vSRX delivers core firewall, networking, advanced security, and automated lifecycle management for enterprises and service providers. The industry’s fastest virtual security platform, vSRX offers firewall speeds up to 17 Gbps using only two vCPUs, scaling to 100 Gbps* with 12 vCPUs to provide scalable, secure protection across private, public, and hybrid clouds.
Data centers increasingly rely on server virtualization to deliver services faster and more efficiently than ever before. But with virtualization comes a new set of security risks.
Businesses need a firewall that can keep pace with evolving threats while providing the agility, elasticity, and cost savings that virtualized and cloud environments demand—without sacrificing reliability, visibility, or control.
The vSRX offers the same features that are available in our physical SRX Series devices, delivering a complete and integrated virtual security solution that includes core firewall, robust networking, advanced security services at Layers 4-7, and automated lifecycle management capabilities.
Automated provisioning capabilities enabled through Junos Space Virtual Director let you quickly and efficiently deploy scalable firewall protection to meet the dynamic needs of virtualized and cloud environments. In addition, rich Junos APIs in the vSRX allow you to automate its management and orchestration, using tools such as Netconf, Ansible, or Vagrant.
By combining the provisioning capabilities in Virtual Director with the power of Junos Space Security Director, you can also improve policy configuration, management, and visibility for both physical and virtual assets through a common, centralized platform. Security Director provides a single pane of glass for managing firewall policies consistently across vSRX, cSRX, and SRX Series platforms.
For service providers and organizations that deploy service-oriented applications, the vSRX presents a portfolio of virtualized network and security services such as firewall, VPN, Network Address Translation (NAT), intrusion prevention system (IPS), AppSecure, and unified threat management (UTM), supporting a variety of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) use cases. AppSecure, a suite of application security capabilities for the SRX Series firewalls, lets you identify applications for greater visibility, enforcement, and control to strengthen overall network protection. The versatility of the vSRX and AppSecure is highlighted in our Cloud CPE and Cloud-Enabled Branch.
The vSRX, available from Juniper, Juniper partners, and on the Amazon Marketplace, also supports Juniper Contrail, OpenContrail, and third-party SDN solutions, and can integrate with next-generation cloud orchestration tools such as OpenStack.
• Supports VMware ESXi and KVM (Centos, Ubuntu) platforms, as well as orchestration with vRealize Orchestrator and OpenStack.
• Provides scalable, secure protection up to 100 Gbps (future) across private, public, and hybrid clouds, extending the ability to provision and scale firewall protection across virtualized environments for high-bandwidth customers and applications.
• Integrates virtualization-specific UTM, IPS, and AppSecure 2.0 next-generation firewall (NGFW) services for a comprehensive threat-protection framework.
• Automates the virtual machine (VM) lifecycle, from provisioning through decommissioning, with Junos Space Virtual Director.
• Supports SDN and NFV through integration with Contrail, OpenContrail, and third-party SDN solutions.
• Works with cloud-based Sky Advanced Threat Prevention to identify and quickly block malware and cyberattacks.
• Runs on Amazon Web Service (AWS) Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), giving enterprises seamless security for physical data centers, private clouds, and public clouds.